Monday, January 7, 2008

Blog

Blog 1
My thoughts on the first third of the book were very unusual. I didn’t quiet know all the characters to their fullest and it didn’t make since why everyone was dying. Another thing that I didn’t understand is how can Billy be telling the story if he is dead. I thought that it was extremely cool how Billy was able to go into peoples head and know everything about that person in a split second. Also it is wired how Billy is able to communicate with people even though he is dead.
There are some parts of the story that I toughly understand though. One thing that made since to me was how hard it must be for someone like Eddie to be quite. If I had heard the stuff that he was being told I would probably be questioning them two. Another thing that made since to me was how hard it was for Eddie to lose two family members in one summer. I also understand why he went mute and hasn’t talked. One reason for Eddie going mute is probably because he lost the only two people that he ever talked to. It said at the begging of the story that the only real person that Eddie ever really could communicate wit.
In the first section of the story there was more that I didn’t understand then I actually understood. The first thing that I really didn’t understand is how Eddie’s dad died. It says he forgot to make sure a certain part of the car was closed. Supposable if that certain part of the car wasn’t closed it would cause it to explode. The second thing that didn’t make since was why Eddie had so much energy. I wonder if he has ADD or ADHD. This makes no since because he always questions the teacher and he always seems to be bouncing around unable to sit still. Finally something that I didn’t understand is what Billy was doing when he killed himself. He was by himself on a walk when he kicked the piece of sheet rock over himself.
I thought that in this first section of the book that it was written very well and it was very easy to read. I could relate with the story very well because it was all things that happen at kids my age. Also the main character was about my age so that was very helpful for understanding it. I liked how I could relate to the story because it was kids that were my age.
Finally I am curious to learn some other things in this upcoming section. One thing I am anxious to learn is will anyone else get hurt or killed in this upcoming section? Will Eddie be able to comprehend with the inner voice he is hearing? Next I want to know is will Eddie stay mute or will he begin to speak again? Finally I wonder if Eddie will understand or realize that he is being followed around by Billy’s spirit.

2 comments:

arae2011 said...

I think that I will have to agree with you on something. Yes, it was cool how Billy could get into someone's head, and yes, it was weird how he could bump someone. It was not a well written book though. In some places I had to re-read the book. I hope that he never writes another book like that again. If there is a sequal, then I won't read it.

Monkey Man said...

I am going to have to disagree with you on that part i thought that this book was written very well and if there was a sequal i would definitly read it.How did you have to go back and reread parts it was very easy to understand.